Jungle Jubilee and Tomorrow’s Child
Tomorrow’s Child is excited to present the 1st Annual Jungle Jubilee on Sunday, August 11 at the Detroit Zoo. We invite you to join us for a family fun day for all to enjoy. In addition to everything the zoo has to provide, we will have various children activities, light refreshments, and our long standing traditional walk featuring a kid friendly scavenger hunt incorporated into the Jungle Jubilee!
Tomorrow’s Child originally began as a grassroots effort by families coming together with one unfortunate common interest, the death of an infant. Almost 20 years later, Tomorrow’s Child continues to provide services and programs throughout the state to save babies lives and support families who have experienced a pregnancy loss or infant death. Through community partnerships and personal outreach, Tomorrow’s Child touches the life of every newborn in Michigan. We engage families, health professionals and caregivers to keep babies healthy and safe. We also provide grief support to anyone affected by a miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death.
Despite aggressive efforts to reduce the infant mortality rate in Michigan, last year over 800 babies did not survive to their first birthday and 500 were stillborn. This translates to more than four deaths every day this year in Michigan. While Michigan is one of the most progressive, industrialized states in the union, our infant mortality rate ranks among the worst in the nation.
Your participation in this event will allow Tomorrow’s Child to continue to advance its efforts in outreach. Last year alone, we distributed over 240,000 safe sleep materials and provided grief support for 400 families.
Register online now at www.tomorrowschildmi.org. You tax deductible donation of $35 for adults and $15 for children under 12 gets you free admission and parking to the Detroit Zoo for the day and the many other activities being offered by Tomorrow’s Child until 12 noon. Please register online by August 1. Check in for the event will start at 7:15 am on Sunday, August 11 with opening ceremonies and the walk commencing at 8:30 am. Please feel free to contact us at 800-331-7437 with any questions.
Facts about Babies/Tomorrow’s Child
1. Babies will NOT choke when sleeping on their backs.
2. Babies should sleep in the same room as parents, but not in the parents’ bed.
3. Remove all soft bedding from baby’s sleeping environment.
4. Do not use crib bumper pads.
5. Tomorrow’s Child provides an annual Memorial Service for families.
6. For the information about the safest way for babies to sleep, contact Tomorrow’s Child.
7. Tomorrow’s Child offers grief support to all families in Michigan after a miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death.
8. Babies need tummy time when they’re awake and supervised.
9. Babies can suffocate when sleeping on pillows, couches or in adult beds.
10. Show support to grieving families by offering to listen to their story.
11. Babies should always be placed their backs for sleep.
12. Tomorrow’s Child helps hospitals teach parents about infant safe sleep.
13. For more information, visit www.tomorrowschild.org.