Recently I was given the opportunity to try Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams. They sent me a few different items to try for free in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own, your experience may differ.
As America’s #1 Seafood Appetizer, Matlaw’s, I was so excited to try out these great products. They are perfect for the spring & summer grilling season or pop them in the oven for a cozy warm appetizer, great for fall or winter. What I love about the product is they do not require defrosting, they go from the freezer to the grill or oven, saving a busy mom time. I am notorious for defrosting and forgetting... so in my case these save me money too, since they won't go bad in my fridge.
We made ours in the oven and served them as part of our dinner. They all tasted great to me. Rosa is a bit picky, so she wasn't thrilled about the Chorizo or the Chili-Lime. Bacon and Cheese was her favorite. My personal favorite was the New England Style. Basically, these stuffed clams are clam shells filled with stuffing mixed with clams and lots of flavor.
You can find Matlaw's products at your local Meijer grocery store.
Products now available under the new Matlaw’s brand include:
· New England Style Stuffed Clams, Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Clams, Chorizo Stuffed Clams and Chili Lime Stuffed Clams - Served in a natural clamshell, Matlaw’s stuffed clams are the #1 frozen seafood appetizer in the U.S. Nothing beats the combination of cheese and bacon . . . except cheese and bacon blended with golden breadcrumbs and chopped clams stuffed into a natural shell! And in recent years, authentic Latin American cuisine has made its way north across the border into the trendiest seafood dishes including our Chorizo and Chili Lime Stuffed Clams.
· New England Style Stuffed Scallops - We mix golden breadcrumbs, spices, minced celery and green peppers with succulent bay scallops, add a sprinkle of paprika and parsley and stuff it all back into natural shells. Just heat and serve.
· Frozen Cod Fillets, Flounder Fillets, Tilapia Fillets, Salmon Fillets, Pollock Fillets - Whatever you’re craving, from firm meaty cod, light sweet and delicate tilapia, to mild and tender flounder, or rich and deeply flavorful salmon – Matlaw’s has you covered!
· Crunchy All Natural Panko Breaded Fish Sticks - The difference between Japanese panko and regular breadcrumbs is that panko crumbs are made without crusts. That's why our all-natural Panko Breaded Fish Sticks, (cut from whole fillets!), have such a light, flakey crunch.
· Crispy Original, Barbecue and Coconut Popcorn Shrimp - Enjoy restaurant-style popcorn shrimp at home. Each juicy shrimp is delicately battered and then cooked to a perfect, crispy crunch. We also offer Barbecue for a tangy zing, and a light, crunchy crust of real coconut blended with golden breadcrumbs.
· Southwest Tortilla Breaded Cod, Jalapeño Breaded Cod, Pubstyle Battered Cod and Panko Breaded Cod - Tortilla breading gives our wild caught, all-natural Southwest Tortilla Cod a deliciously flakey twist. Cut from whole fillets and frozen at sea, every bite is crunchy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside. The extra crunchy crust of our Pubstyle Battered Cod locks in moistness during frying for super tender, flakier fish. Our crunchy, all-natural Jalapeño cod is lightly fried in cornmeal seasoned with tumeric, onion, garlic and just enough jalapeño to give it a little heat.
Discover Matlaw’s Online Too!
Matlaw’s website, www.Matlaws.com, is brand new too and brings “Discovery” to life with tasty food pairing suggestions, menu recommendations, recipes and new features including:
· Mobile Accessibility so you can “Discover Matlaw’s” anywhere
· Detailed Product Information
· Special Offers and Coupons so you can try even more of Matlaw’s new products
Look for Matlaw’s new products on shelf at retailers across the U.S. and discover the taste of real seafood. Discover Matlaw’s!