Metro Detroit Mommy Blogger: Samantha Bronsing OaklandCountyCrafters.com
**I received free copy of "Dear Baby guest book" in order to facilitate this review. However, all opinions in this article are 100% my own. **
Like many first time moms, I am actively in the planning stages of my upcoming baby shower. Because of this, I was more than thrilled to jump at the opportunity to review the Dear Baby, Guest Book by From You to Me. Perhaps this little book would be a wonderful addition to my baby shower festivities.
Perfect not just for baby showers, but also christenings, naming ceremonies, and even a new baby’s arrival the Dear Baby, Guest Book provides an opportunity for loved ones to write a small note to Baby capturing their thoughts for safe keeping for many years to come.
While the book can be purchased in more gender-tied colors such as blue and pink, because we had not known the gender of our little bundle of joy at the time, I selected green. Like online, in person the visually appealing guest book cover features a bright baby green hue with white polka dots and a whimsical baby carriage scene. In my opinion, simply adorable.
What I enjoyed most about the book’s illustrations is that it could easily be used in a wide range of baby shower themes, especially because I have not chosen one yet. From polka dots to shabby chic and many more in-between, baby boy or girl, this guest book would be the perfect fit.
Opening the cover you will discover 80 beautifully illustrated pages for your guests to write a small note to your new baby. Each page is decorated with either a small green and white polka dot baby carriage or patchwork balloons on blank pages just waiting to be filled.
Here’s what I loved most about the Dear Baby, Guest Book and also what I least liked:
What I loved:
- Beautifully Illustrated. As I mentioned before, in my opinion the rich colors and beautiful illustration were simply adorable.
- Versatile. Because of the Guest Book’s simple illustrations and color scheme, it’s easily the perfect fit for a wide range of baby events and themes.
- Quality. Each page was quality card stock, sure to stop any pen ink from bleeding through pages.
- All in one. I love the idea of having all the little notes in one place instead of individual cards that have the potential for getting lost.
- Price. The Guest Book is offered at a reasonable price of $24.95.
What I didn’t:
- Only 80 Pages. While 80 pages may seem like a lot, for my giant family in addition to my husband’s, I would have liked to see options for more pages.
- Shape. Call me strange, but the rectangle style shape of the Guest Book would not have been my first pick. I would have preferred a taller, skinnier version that would be more appealing to display on a shelf in their nursery.
All and all the Dear Baby, Guest Book is a keepsake I would certainly recommend to family and friends expecting a little one of their own. From its high quality and vibrant hues I truly believe it will make a great addition to any new baby get together… I know it will for my upcoming shower!
Former Preschool teacher, current professional writer, and soon to be Mommy- Samantha loves to enjoy life to the fullest every chance she gets. After spending over five years inside the classroom as a preschool teacher, Samantha now spends her days writing from home for numerous parenting and family magazines across the globe. She also writes for her personal blog, OaklandCountyCrafters.com which supplies craft enthusiasts in the Oakland county area and beyond with everything they need to know about local crafts.