I was a nervous mama, sending my child off to school in September, but the teachers and staff at his school have been caring, amazing and just so wonderful that I want to send them off into summer with a fun gift.
I’ve been looking (and asking!) around, and here are five ideas for end-of-the-year teacher gifts that I think the educator in your child’s life will LOVE!I’m not really a crafty, Pinterest mom, so these are all ideas you can buy or at least, use your best handwriting. I love homemade gifts, but they aren’t my talent. Kudos to you if you make gifts!
1. Alex and Ani Apple of Abundance bracelet: A friend of mine mentioned this and it is so cool! Who doesn’t want an Alex and Ani bracelet? The meaning behind it is so special too: The sharing of wisdom.
2. Life Factory glass water bottle: These are great and will be much appreciated. Who doesn’t love a fresh, new water bottle! I always see the teachers carrying around water bottles at my kid’s school and this one is certainly a treat because it’s glass and cold water just tastes better out of a glass cup, right? Right. (P.S. If you know your child’s teacher drinks wine, Life Factory has wine glasses too!)
3. A gorgeous planter or hanging basket: Who doesn’t love a gorgeous planter or hanging basket? School’s out, its summer and that means its flower season! The local nurseries are brimming with gorgeous arrangements right now. You could even gift it early so Teach can enjoy it longer.
4. A personalized lunch bag: Chances are, the teacher’s lunch bag is probably looking ratty (and getting stinky). Thirty-One has great options for insulated lunch bags AND you can get it personalized!
5. A hand-written note (from you AND your child): Most of my friends and family who are teachers say this is the best gift. A heart-felt note letting the teacher know how appreciated his or her work has been during the school year. Now, you can always toss in a gift card, but it’s not necessary. Get your child to write something too – even if it is just his or her name. Pick a lovely card and sit down and really write from the heart and your child’s teacher will be touched by your words.