Swimming is such a great activity for families. Michigan provides many natural waters that can be enjoyed in the summertime and many cities are hosts to indoor pools, making swimming a fun, healthy, year-round activity for the whole family.
Did you know that each Aqua Tots Swim Schools of Michigan location offers year round open swimming for just $10 per family?
So what makes swimming so great?
Swimming offers many physical benefits, including:
- improved flexibility and strength
- increased endurance
- improved balance, coordination and posture
- strengthened heart muscles
- increased circulation
- improved ability to maintain a healthy weight
- providing a low impact exercise
- maintaining healthy lungs
- providing a full body workout
- water resistance provides a more efficient workout
Enroll your child in formal swimming lessons: The America’s National Institute of Health study concluded that participation in formal swimming lessons, like those offered at Aqua Tots Swim Schools of Michigan, was associated with an 88% reduction in the risk of drowning for children ages 1 to 4 years (Archives Pediatric Medicine, Vol 163 No 3, March 2009).
Swimmers can enjoy social benefits while swimming too such as:
- having fun
- fellowship with peers
- meeting new friends
- learning how to work with others
- swimming lessons, like Aqua Tots, teach children how to take turns
And finally swimmers can benefit psychologically because the activity:
- helps the swimmer develop a positive attitude
- contributes to a feeling of well-being
- teaches patience and taking turns
- reduces stress and tension
- renews energy
- provides a fun way to cool down on a hot day
- helps to develop a positive self image
Studies have shows that regular swimming can reduce feelings of anger, tension and depression after a session in the pool.